Ladies, has your husband ever told you that a woman showed an interest in him, perhaps even asked him out, but he refused (which is good), but did not mention that he was married? He reasons that he’s wearing his ring (also good) and so there was no need to say it? This probably makes sense and you probably thanked him for being honest and cooked him his favorite meal. I too would give you guys kudo’s for your honesty. That’s a good start, but there’s more…
Your rings says that you’re married, that’s it. The woman that approached you already knows this because that’s one of the first things, if not THE first thing a woman looks at. So if any woman approaches you, even if it seems innocent, and wants to shoot the breeze with you and your wife’s not around, then some thoughts should cross your mind.
- What kind of woman would knowingly approach a married man? Her motives should be questioned immediately.
- What would your wife think of this if she were a fly on the wall?
- Think about the fact that the devil is knocking on your door, offering an invitation, and recognize that this is a temptation to do evil.
What your ring doesn’t say is:
- You’re HAPPILY married.
- That you love your wife dearly and would never cheat on her or put yourself in an inappropriate situation.
- That you love your kids. (if applicable)
- That you’re not interested in her (the woman who approached you) or any other woman.
Now I’m not suggesting that you run down this entire list when a woman approaches you but you should make yourself clear that you are happily married and love your wife/husband dearly and you’re not intersted in what they’re offering.
A ring alone is not a deterrant. Some people prefer a married person because it’s “safe” with no strings attached. So if you have a ring and say nothing, the other person still thinks you’re fair game. Not everyone holds marriage sacred. So speak up! Don’t rely on your ring to do the talking for you because even though it says a lot of things to you, to others who are of questionable morals perceive this differently.
In a nutshell, husbands and wives, when in this situation please be clear that you are committed to your wonderful mate and that your wedding rings means something to you. If you’re sloppy in this and leave the door cracked (and your mouth shut), then that’s enough room for Satan to slither in and destroy your marriage.
“Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate. Mark 10:9