This is a short teaching on a subject that I (Ryan) came across while doing research for my Marriage as a Covenant series that didn’t quite fit into the scope of the content for that series. However the information was so interesting that I really wanted to share it, so viola!
This teaching covers the ancient Near Eastern culture and context of the hem and the special outer garment. This will give new light to the following:
- Gen 2 & 3 with Adam and Chavah’s being “naked” and then being given cloathing by God.
- Yosef’s “coat of many colors”
- The significance of tying Tsitsiyot to the corners of your garment
- Deut 24 law about not keeping a man’s garment as security for a loan
- The woman grabbing the hem of Yeshua’s garment
- The story of the Prodigal son
and much more….
Click below to view .PDF